The OCASI Professional Development Conference is designed for frontline workers, program coordinators, and managers in the settlement sector. Participation is open to OCASI member agencies and other immigrant and refugee serving organizations in Ontario that receive funding from Citizenship and Immigration Canada (CIC) and/or the Ontario Ministry of Citizenship and Immigration (MCI).
The Conference will give the opportunity to:
- Develop, update and acquire new skills, information and knowledge
- Identify and prepare for emerging trends in the settlement sector
- Share strategies and tools for effective service delivery
- Learn best practices from sector colleagues
- Build relationships with your professional peers
- Support and strengthen your Council through active participation
- Develop and enhance supportive regional networks among settlement agencies
- Become aware of advocacy issues and provide input into the activities of the Council
2017 OCASI Professional Development Conference
Greetings Friends and Members, OCASI is pleased to announce the return of our Professional Development Conference which will take place on October 11-12th, 2017 at The Westin Prince Toronto Hotel (Map). All agencies serving newcomers and refugees are invited to attend.
The Professional Development Conference is an opportunity for frontline workers and managers to strengthen organizational capacity -through new learning and sharing knowledge and expertise.
Our theme this year is Building Inclusive Communities in Challenging Times and we are looking forward to an exciting program with a broad spectrum of dynamic workshops from financial health to self care.
Details will be posted to the conference site at pdconference.ocasi.org. Check regularly for updates.
Important information for members outside of the GTA: OCASI has reserved a limited number of shared accommodation rooms at the Westin Prince Hotel (conference venue). Rooms are available for OCASI Member Agencies from outside of the GTA who require an overnight stay. Accommodations are given on a first come, first serve bases. If you require accommodations for the conference you must register BEFORE FRIDAY, SEPTEMBER 8TH, 2017.
For further information, please contact Felicia at [email protected]g or 416-322-4950 Ext. 285.